What’s new on the BigPanda AIOps platform?
At BigPanda, we are constantly striving to deliver innovative new features and capabilities to our users. Read more about the new Alert Intelligence, Incident Intelligence, and Workflow Automation features released on the BigPanda platform.
BigPanda Q1 2023
Correlation Pattern Visibility, a new native MS Teams integration, and more
AI correlation pattern suggestions
New customers benefit from leveraging the collective knowledge and data of all customers to surface and identify impactful correlation patterns to users based on customer tag information. BigPanda’s explainable AI includes information on the data on the popularity of the correlation pattern, the expected noise reduction and better incident coverage, and details on why the pattern is being suggested.
- Edit, activate, duplicate, and delete a suggested correlation pattern.
- AI-generated correlation patterns are always marked as system recommended.
MS Teams standard integration
A new standard MS Teams integration makes it easy for users to share BigPanda incidents in a customized message to a channel within Teams without any professional service engagement.
- Changes to ongoing incidents are sent in real time to MS Teams channels.
- Invite your team to MS Teams channel(s) specifically pertaining to them to reduce confusion and save time.
- Team collaboration capitalizing on a diverse knowledge base of expertise to tackle each issue.
OIM: Alert Filtering
Define the criteria to exclude and filter garbage events (i.e., those from dev environments, non-alerts, teams not onboarded from BigPanda) from being sent to BigPanda. This removes the unnecessary overhead of processing unnecessary events and reduces consumption costs related to ingestion.
- Misconfiguration (certain tags that are critical for assignment and prioritization are missing)
- Lowest severity (we already know that it won’t be actionable and contains no signal)
- Events from Dev/QA environments
- Non-alerts (info, logs, etc.)
BigPanda 2023 features
RELEASED Q1 2023
Additional ‘Getting Started’ onboarding steps
To make it even easier for customers to onboard BigPanda independently, the virtual assistant now supports users through the different milestones for configuration modules.
- As you complete each step, a blue checkmark will appear indicating that you are finished with that section.
- A percentage indicator will also track your onboarding process.
New Standard Monitoring Integrations Using OIM
Correlation Pattern Visibility in Incidents
Reduce incident investigation complexity by ensuring updated and matched correlation patterns are evaluated and visible through the life of an incident.
If the alert matches a pattern for an existing incident, it is added as a related alert, and any patterns that no longer match all of the related alerts are eliminated from the incident.
- Users can now see see detailed information about matched correlation patterns for each incident.
- All matched correlation patterns are now listed, not just the broadest pattern.
Recurring Maintenance Plans
It’s now even easier to suppress non-actionable alerts during recurring scheduled maintenance.
BigPanda maintenance plans set time frames when alerts that match a specific condition should be silenced. They are a key tool in reducing noise during known downtimes such as scheduled maintenance or system testing.
The recurring maintenance plans feature adds additional scheduling options for repeated or recurring maintenance windows.
With this new functionality, you can:
- Schedule a single plan to recur at the same time on multiple days.
- Choose to repeat a plan every day, week, or month.
- Add an end date to automatically stop the recurring plan in the future.
For example, you can schedule a maintenance plan that will run from today until Dec 31st, that suppresses Splunk alerts from a specific host every Wednesday from 2pm-4pm.
Enrichment v2 Audit Logs
Users can audit changes to alert enrichment-related resources in both the UI and API, reducing dependency on our Support teams.
Alert Enrichment Audit logs report on several sub-objects including:
- Tags order
- Tag enrichments
- Tag enrichments order
- Mapping enrichment
- Mapping table upload
Post-enrichment alert filtering
Filter and remove low-quality alerts before they are correlated into incidents, which greatly reduces alert clutter and noise within your incident feed.
The preview capability makes it easy to build and test filter rules based on alert metadata and enrichment tags before deployment to production.
Time-based alert resolution
Automatically resolve stale alerts using new time-based resolution policies that reduces alert noise and accelerates MTTR.
Configure specific time frames for alerts to AutoResolve within one hour or long as 30 days while ensuring only truly abandoned or misconfigured alerts are removed.
- Bulk resolve a large number of alerts
- See alert resolution in near real-time
- Resolve alerts directly from the incident details pane
- Activity log gives visibility to see which alerts were resolve based on specific time-based policies.