Effective: Apr 28, 2016 | Last Update: December 8, 2020
If you are a user of the BigPanda Autonomous Operations Platform, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information on behalf of the relevant BigPanda customer (likely your employer), as permitted by the agreement we’ve executed with such customer or as required by law. We don’t have direct relationships with Platform users, and users who seek to access, correct, amend or delete data that we process on behalf of a customer should direct its query to such customer.
Collection and Use of Information
Information you give us. You may provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, email address and company information. You may give us this information when you (i) complete forms on our website; (ii) subscribe to receive updates, reports, white papers or other communications from us; (iii) participate in our community forums; (iv) follow or interact with us on social media; (v) attend training sessions or our events; or (vi) communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise. To enable us to provide certain reports or whitepapers, we require certain basic information and without this you will not be able to access our reports or white papers.
Information Related to Use of the Services. Our servers automatically record certain information about how you interact with our website and services, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that was visited before accessing our website, the page or features of our website browsed, the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our website clicked, and other statistics. We use such data to administer the website and services, and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) such data to improve, customize and enhance our website and services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our user’s needs and preferences. We may use IP addresses to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how our website is used.
Information Sent by Your Device. We collect certain information that your device sends when you interact with our website, like a device identifier, user settings, browser type, and the operating system of your device.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (for example, business partners, resellers, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and information providers) and may receive information about you from them to enable us to customize our communications and your experience on our website.
Use of Information Collected
We use the personal information we collect to provide information and services to you, to fulfill our legal obligations, or to conduct necessary business activities (sometimes called “legitimate interests”), as described below. We take seriously the need to balance our legitimate interests with your privacy rights and summarize for you here how we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests and questions and provide you with the services or information you request from us;
- Provide you with information about our services, events, company and industry;
- Operate, enhance, and personalize your experience on our website;
- Customize our communications with you and your interactions with BigPanda;
- Monitor and analyze use of our website and content for administration and other internal purposes, including troubleshooting, security, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Improve our website, services, content, communications and events;
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Enforce and carry out our obligations arising from any contract between you and us;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, legal process or enforceable governmental requests, relevant industry standards and our policies; and
- For any other purpose for which we obtain your consent or provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information that We Share with Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to others in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to our service providers (e.g., infrastructure as a service, order fulfillment, professional/customer/support services), pursuant to written agreements with confidentiality, privacy and security obligations.
- Partners. We may disclose personal information to our partners pursuant to written agreements with confidentiality, privacy and security obligations. They may use the personal information to communicate with you, subject to the terms of their privacy policies.
- Compliance and Safety. We may disclose personal information as necessary or appropriate under applicable laws (including laws outside your country of residence) to: comply with legal process or requirements, respond to requests from public or government authorities (including those outside your country of residence), enforce our contracts, and protect our operations, rights and safety, and that of you and others, as needed.
- Merger, Sale, etc. We may disclose personal information in the event of a proposed or actual corporate or financing transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock.
Your Rights and Choices
Subject to applicable law, you can request to access, correct or delete your personal information. In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict access to your personal information and object to your personal information from being used in a specific manner. Such requests can be made by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe but not later than any required timescales set out under applicable law. However, please note that there are limitations to these rights and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
Withdrawing Your Consent
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us for the processing of your personal information by on our Unsubscribe Page or by emailing email@example.com. As required by applicable law, we will apply your preferences going forward, within a reasonable amount of time. Even where you withdraw your consent, we may still process your personal information for limited purposes, for example, to give effect to your request or to safeguard our business. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot access some of our information or services.
BigPanda’s website, events and information are not intended for children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not access our website, attend our events, request information from BigPanda or otherwise submit your personal information to BigPanda.
Responding to Do Not Track Signals
Our website does not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
We take appropriate administrative, physical and electronic steps designed to protect the personal information that we receive from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure, and accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you share with us. If you choose to provide us with your personal information, you do so at your own risk.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where BigPanda, its affiliates, or third-party service providers conduct business or hosts events. These locations may be outside of your country of residence, including in the United States, and therefore, different data protection laws may apply globally. When we transfer personal information, we implement safeguards to help ensure an adequate level of data protection exists for the transfer, and we put in place appropriate terms to protect your personal information in our agreements with our service providers.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information, including (i) the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about its collection and use over the past 12 months, and (ii) the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will comply as soon as reasonably practicable consistent with applicable law. We will verify your identity before we comply with your request.
Our website may contain links to external third-party websites that have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such third-party websites or their content, privacy policies or personal information practices. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your hard drive by a Web server when you access our Services. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted when you log off from the Services and close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for a set period of time specified in the cookie, and they are activated each time that you visit the website that created that particular cookie.
BigPanda uses four types of cookies for the following purposes:
- Necessary Cookies – Necessary cookies are first party cookies that are essential to navigate the Site and use the Services. For example, necessary cookies help remember your preferences as you move around the Site.
- Statistics Cookies – Statistics cookies collect anonymous data for statistical purposes on your use of the Services. We use information supplied by statistics cookies to help understand how you use the Services, to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing, and to improve and customize the Services. These cookies don’t contain PII and are generally third party cookies, set by independent analytics companies.
- Preferences Cookies – These cookies are used during your visit to the Site to remember information you have entered or choices you make, and they permit us to remember your preferences for future visits.
- Marketing Cookies – These third party cookies are placed by advertising companies to collect information about your activities to deliver targeted and relevant ads to you and to track ad performance. These third party companies have their own privacy and cookie policies, and they may use their cookies to target advertising to you on other websites, based on your visit to our Site.
How Can I Control My Cookies?
You can identify statistics cookies, preferences cookies or marketing cookies using the information laid in our Cookie Declaration below. Please be aware that if you disable cookies, some features or functionalities of the Services may not work properly.
You can prevent cookies from being placed on your device through your browser settings by following the instructions set out at allaboutcookies.org. Most browsers also provide the ability to let you review and erase cookies. You can also opt-out of third party targeting or advertising cookies through the Digital Advertising Alliance, the Network Advertising Initiative or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.