Effective: October 1, 2021
This Privacy Notice explains how BigPanda, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“BigPanda”) collect, use, and disclose personal information that you provide to us or that we receive from other sources.
- Platform Users
- Types of Personal Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Collect Personal Information
- How We Use Personal Information
- Personal Information that We Share with Third Parties
- Your Rights
- Additional Information for European Residents
We process the personal information of BigPanda Platform users only on behalf of our customers, as permitted by our customer agreements or as required by law. If you are a Platform user, please contact the relevant BigPanda customer (likely your current or former employer) to exercise your rights, and if you need assistance locating the appropriate contact, please email email@example.com.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact and professional information: your name, email address, phone number, address, company, and job title
- Device and usage information: device identifiers (such as IP address) and information about how you’ve interacted with our website, Platform, advertisements, and communications
- Images, video, and audio
Information you give us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide us when you:
- complete forms on our website, such as to subscribe to our updates, download a resource, or ask a question
- follow or interact with us on social media
- register or attend our events
- provide personal information to us in person, such as at a conference
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise
Information from third parties
We may receive personal information about you from the following third-party sources, such as our business and channel partners, lead generation tools, advertising and analytics providers, social media platforms, and conference and event hosts.
Information we collect automatically
We may collect information about you, your devices, and how you interact with our website and content by using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. For more information, please see our Cookies Notice.
We may use your personal information to:
- Respond to your requests and questions, facilitate the events you register for and attend, and provide you with the services and information you request from us
- Send you marketing communications
- Enhance and customize your experience on our website and interactions with BigPanda
- Monitor and analyze use of our website and content for administrative, troubleshooting, security, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes
- Improve our website, services, content, communications, and events
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising and deliver relevant advertising to you
- Comply with our legal requirements and enforce our legal rights
We may disclose your personal information to others in the following ways:
- Affiliates: We share your personal information among our affiliates (including those in the United States, Europe, and Israel).
- Service Providers: We may disclose your personal information to our service providers (e.g., infrastructure as a service, marketing support, professional/customer/support services) that are bound by written agreements with privacy and security obligations.
- Channel and Business Partners: We may disclose your personal information to our partners pursuant to written agreements with confidentiality, privacy, and security obligations. They may use the personal information to communicate with you, subject to the terms of their privacy policies.
- Legal and Compliance: We may disclose your personal information to comply with legal process or requirements, respond to requests from public or government authorities (including those outside your country of residence), enforce our contracts, and protect the property, rights, and safety of BigPanda and others.
- Merger, Sale, etc.: We may disclose your personal information in connection with a proposed or actual corporate or financing transaction, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required by law.
We take appropriate administrative, physical, and electronic steps designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Unfortunately, no method of transmitting or storing information is completely secure, and accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you share with us.
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information and to request access to, correction, or deletion of your personal information. You may also withdraw any consent you’ve given us at any time. To exercise any of these rights, please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe from receiving future marketing emails on our Unsubscribe Page or by emailing email@example.com.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information depends on the type of personal information and how we’ve collected it. We usually process personal information based on our legitimate interests (as described in the How We Use Personal Information section above) or when you’ve provided consent. We also may process your personal information when its necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations or to perform or enter into a contract with you. As described above, you can withdraw your consent or object to processing based on legitimate interests.
Your personal information may be stored in any country where BigPanda, its affiliates, or its service providers conduct business or host events. We protect personal information transferred outside Europe by processing it in countries determined to provide an adequate level of protection, or by implementing appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses. You can request additional information using the details in the “Contact” section below.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our privacy practices with your local supervisory authority. Please consider reaching out to us first so that we can attempt to resolve your concern.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll post the current version on this page, and if we make any changes that materially impact your rights, we’ll notify you through appropriate means.
Our website may contain links to external third-party websites that have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility for such third-party websites or personal information practices.
If you are under the age of 18, you may not access our website, attend our events, request information from us, or otherwise submit your personal information to BigPanda.
Do Not Track Signals
Our website does not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from web browsers.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or BigPanda’s privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.