BigPanda wins TrustRadius 2022 Tech Cares Award
At BigPanda, our culture is at the center of how we operate. Leading with HEART is crucial to the framework of our organization. Our values of Hunger, Excellence, Active Transparency, Relentless Focus and Treasure the Journey drive everything we do. Having values as a business is important in the climb to success since they guide us in the right direction and help us make smart decisions.
We’re thrilled to announce that BigPanda was selected to receive the 2022 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius, among other outstanding organizations in our industry. We’re proud to have our efforts recognized in the form of a 2022 Tech Cares Award from TrustRadius. This prestigious award is given to exceptional B2B tech companies working hard to foster corporate social responsibility, namely going above and beyond to support employees and communities throughout the year.
To be eligible for this award, TrustRadius focuses on organizations that excel in the areas of volunteerism, robust diversity, equity and inclusion programs, charitable donations and fundraising, workplace culture (including model support for in-office and remote employees) and demonstrable support for environmental sustainability.
BigPanda is devoted to being a foundational pillar for IT communities through hosting events, committing to corporate social outreach and donations and ensuring employees are truly dedicated to the company’s mission. We offer several programs in support of our employees and communities every year:
- HEART awards program: In order to showcase employees leading with HEART, we created the HEART awards program, where we honor those standout employees who go above and beyond to demonstrate these values. At the beginning of 2022, BigPanda awarded 13 recipients $1,000 each, which they were able to donate to a local organization of their choice. As a result, several non-profits received a total of $13,000 during last year’s program. Additionally, five Pandas are selected from peer nominations each quarter for a HEART value they have displayed during that quarter, and BigPanda adopts a panda in their name from the World Wildlife Foundation.
- ERG program: Employee resource groups (ERGs) were formed with the goal to give BigPanda employees the space and resources to come together over shared identities. Meant to create a safe place for people to come be their truest selves, the groups also plan to coordinate and execute external events that are aimed to educate and give back to the community.
- Remote-first environment and Pandapacks: With the ongoing effects of climate change and the COVID-19 pandemic, work has changed in the past few years. To empower our employees, we thought it was important to change to remote-first in the United States and the United Kingdom—meaning employees have complete control in deciding if and when they work in company offices. This is just one example of our commitment to sustainability. Additionally, to foster connection between employees and a greater work culture, we created Pandapacks, offering employees $1,000 per year to fund in-person or virtual activities of their choosing to come together. Currently, there are Packs for gardening, hiking, poker, Peloton, parents, foodies and more.
- Breakline: Partnering with an organization like Breakline is just one of the ways we support communities. Breakline specializes in helping veterans pivot into compelling careers in the tech industry.
- Other employee benefits: We know that benefits are important to any potential employee. That’s why we provide employees with financial advisors to help them make educated decisions for their future. We also offer 12 weeks of paid family leave and an additional six weeks for bonding leave.
Winners are nominated every year based on their commitment to their communities, and employees and are vetted by the research team at TrustRadius to ensure each company’s legitimate acts of community service and social responsibility met their standards.
The programs above are only a few examples of the ways BigPanda demonstrates support to its employees, communities and environment. We’re committed to sustaining our company culture and being a good corporate citizen.