BigPanda Achieves SOC 2 Type II Security Attestation
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – January 24, 2018 – BigPanda Inc., a leader in Algorithmic Service Operations solutions for enterprise IT, today announced that in 2017, it successfully completed SOC 2 Type II audit and attestation. In doing so, BigPanda became the first Algorithmic Service Operations platform provider to achieve this milestone in data security, availability and confidentiality. The final report provides BigPanda’s enterprise IT customers with the assurance of corporate controls and processes relating to the security of its products and infrastructure, the availability of systems used to process data, and the confidentiality of information processed by the systems.
In addition to SOC 2 Type II compliance, the BigPanda platform features a robust set of enterprise-class security controls required by Fortune 1000 organizations. These include:
- End-to-end encryption. All customer data is encrypted at all times in BigPanda, in transit and at rest.
- User authentication. BigPanda customers can enforce their corporate security policies using SAML 2.0 compliant Single Sign On.
- Role-based access control. RBAC is a flexible yet powerful mechanism to define user roles and associated permissions, thereby ensuring that every user sees only what he or she is entitled to access.
- Strict data segregation. BigPanda’s cloud-native, multi-tenant architecture is designed to strictly segregate both application and integration data from one customer organization to another.
- Physical security. BigPanda benefits from the scale of operations and security compliance of Amazon Web Services data centers which are ISO 27001, PCI and AICPA certified. The platform runs in multiple availability zones and backs up data across regions.
- Security audits. BigPanda continuously runs internal tests and audits, with any noteworthy issues addressed immediately. The company leverages infosecurity firm Include Security to perform complete vulnerability scans of the application on a regular basis.
The Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type II is the widely recognized attestation standard issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) which measures a standardized set of security and data practice criteria, requirements and controls. Companies including publicly traded enterprises, financial firms and healthcare organizations have compliance requirements that require SOC 2 audits. BigPanda has committed to an annual review of these practices to ensure continued SOC 2 compliance, which is already underway for 2018.
“Successfully completing the SOC 2 attestation demonstrates our ongoing commitment to maintain the highest level of security across all of our products,” says Elik Eizenberg, Chief Technology Officer at BigPanda. “We are proud to have achieved the security ‘gold standard’ for cloud platform providers, and remain dedicated to keeping the data of our Fortune 1000 customers safe and secure.”
About BigPanda Inc.
BigPanda Inc. enables Enterprise IT to intelligently automate and scale Service Operations to meet the complex demands of the modern datacenter. The company’s Algorithmic Service Operations platform turns IT noise from fragmented clouds, teams, applications and monitoring tools into actionable insights to speed the resolution of IT incidents. Many of the world’s largest enterprises such as Workday, News Corp and Cisco rely on BigPanda to power their Service Operations. Visit www.BigPanda.io for more information.
# # #
(650) 562-6555, ext. 7