Your Ops and DevOps teams need to work together, and fast. Who you gonna call?
“We have the tools, and we have the talent!” Winston Zeddemore, Ghostbusters
Introducing our Q4 2021 release: unify fragmented teams and tools, accelerate AIOps adoption
The world is moving fast, led by an ever-accelerating IT landscape. In recent years, two distinct types of teams have emerged that assist in driving this business transformation: DevOps/SRE teams that are in charge of driving rapid innovation of products and services, and IT Ops/NOC teams that focus on preventing outages and maintaining the high level of quality, reliability and serviceability that modern, discerning customers expect.
The challenge? While each of these teams is working to further their organization’s goals, they live in different environments, use different tools, and follow different workflows. This fragmentation slows down the speed at which their entire organization moves, and impairs IT Operations from widely adopting an AIOps platform that enables greater visibility and collaboration across the IT landscape.
So, what can be done? Plenty. BigPanda bridges team and tool fragmentation, and accelerates businesses with Event Correlation and Automation, powered by AIOps. Our latest Q4 2021 release includes new integrations and self-service APIs that foster deeper collaboration between agile and traditional Ops teams, help them scale together, and accelerate AIOps adoption across their enterprise. Here’s a quick rundown.
The fragmentation we just discussed manifests itself in two main challenges.
- Visibility and collaboration difficulties, caused by disjointed tools and environments across DevOps, SRE and IT Ops and NOC teams. Imagine the 15+ observability, monitoring, change and topology tools that these teams typically use across their modern, hybrid IT stacks. These tools produce so many alerts, in a staggering array of formats, that it’s simply not possible to sift through them, and detect incidents in real-time. Successfully unifying the divergent needs of IT Ops/NOC and DevOps/SRE teams requires a unified view of IT tools and environments. This view can then foster a centralized strategy for detecting and responding to alerts, as well as automating incident response workflows across the IT landscape.
- Manual, non-scalable incident workflows hinder both IT operations and AIOps adoption across DevOps/SRE and IT Ops/NOC teams. The ability to reduce the many repetitive, manual tasks associated with successfully maintaining the uptime of applications and services is key in scaling AIOps across functions and teams, to drive innovation and scale the business.
Who you gonna call?
BigPanda addresses these challenges by ingesting all your disparate alert data and turning it into insight and action.
BigPanda ingests and aggregates alert data across all your fragmented tools – covering observability, monitoring, change and topology systems – both on-prem and cloud. It then enriches these alerts with cross-domain topological and operational information from all your systems, and uses its Open Box Machine Learning to correlate these enriched alerts into a small number of context-rich, high-level incidents. These high-quality incidents, complete with technical and business context, are now available to all your teams – both IT OPs/NOC and DevOps/SREs – for insight and action. BigPanda also helps automate many of the manual aspects of theses= incidents’ management lifecycle, reducing manual toil and allowing the acceleration and growth of your operations at scale.
With this Q4 2021 release – BigPanda takes the next steps in unifying fragmented teams and tools and accelerating AIOps adoption.
BigPanda is adding two new and improved integrations to its Open Integration Hub’s rich set of out-of-the-box integrations, which help teams bring all their monitoring, change and topology data into BigPanda with little or no effort.
- The new BigPanda Jira Cloud integration allows teams to automatically create Jira issues based on correlated BigPanda incidents and keep them in sync bi-directionally. Both traditional IT Ops and NOC teams, and agile DevOps and SRE teams, can now collaborate and stay in sync while using their existing workflows and processes. Similarly, the Jira Changes integration automatically notifies BigPanda of new or updated changes in Jira, making it easier to match changes with incidents using BigPanda’s automated Root Cause Analysis capability.
- The new and enhanced BigPanda AppDynamics integration provides out-of-the-box capabilities for ingesting AppDynamics Health Rule and Error events and then normalizing them into BigPanda alerts with minimal end-user configuration. This makes it simple to provide shared situational awareness to all teams.
APIs are essential to IT Ops process automation and scaling. In this release, BigPanda is adding three new APIs to help scale AIOps deployments with ease.
- BigPanda environments are fully customizable, actionable, filtered incident views that simplify incident management in modern enterprises. The new Environments API enables administrators to reduce complex manual configuration challenges by templatizing and automating the creation and configuration of environments at scale. In complex, fast-moving enterprises, this makes incident response faster and easier.
- BigPanda’s Open Box Machine Learning technology generates correlation patterns that are used to correlate alerts into insight-rich incidents. The new Correlation Patterns API gives users the programmatic ability to create and act on these patterns, substantially speeding up the process of optimizing and onboarding new patterns.
- Incidents are at the core of BigPanda’s functionality. The new Incidents API allows teams in complex enterprises to move faster and scale more easily by giving them the ability to programmatically manage BigPanda incidents via two main capabilities: Incident Search, which returns filtered incidents that meet specific conditions and Incident Actions, which facilitates a range of incident management actions directly through the API.
The new Q4 2021 release further demonstrates our commitment to help simplify IT operations and assist IT Ops, NOC, DevOps and SRE teams to prevent outages, lower operational costs and deliver extraordinary customer experiences.
To learn more about this release and how Logmein utilizes BigPanda to unify their fragmented teams and tools across IT Ops and DevOps – please visit our release page on our website.