BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations platform - powered by Open Box Machine Learning - helps overwhelmed and understaffed IT Ops teams detect, investigate, and resolve IT incidents faster and more easily than ever before. By using BigPanda, enterprises such as United, Tivo, Workday, Riot Games, Intel and Autodesk are able to successfully and rapidly adopt AIOps, drastically reduce IT noise, and slash both the duration and frequency of painful outages.
Join a world-class team that is transforming IT operations with backing from top-tier VC firms like Sequoia Capital, Battery Ventures, Mayfield and TPG Growth.
We have an awesome team of motivated, knowledgeable, fun-loving, and friendly Pandas. We provide comprehensive health coverage, competitive compensation, and excellent perks. More importantly, we offer a supportive and highly collaborative environment to empower you to do the best work of your career.
About the Role:
BigPanda’s sales engineering team provides world-class pre-sales support for BigPanda's enterprise sales team. They work in tight cooperation with their sales partners to drive business opportunities and ensure their customers as successfully receiving value from our solutions. To be a successful sales engineer at BigPanda, you need to have previous experience as a sales or customer facing engineer or be an end-user of related enterprise monitoring and IT operations technologies. You should be able to articulate BigPanda’s business value tied to customers’ objectives, map technology and product capabilities to those objectives and position effectively at the executive, business and technical levels. Ideally, you are ambitious and self-motivated.
This position is based out of the East Coast (preferably New York, New Jersey, Philly, or Atlanta) and reports to the VP of Sales Engineering.
- Enthusiastically lead prospective customers to the expected business outcomes of the BigPanda platform.
- Deliver outstanding product demonstrations through powerful storytelling and articulation of how our software provides value to customers using customer examples and anecdotes.
- Conduct proof-of-value projects from start to finish proving how our solutions will solve the customers’ problems.
- Evangelize the solution at field events such as conferences, seminars, trade shows, speaking engagements, etc.
- Continuously strive for improvement in all skill areas and maintain up-to-date knowledge on BigPanda’s solution as well as industry trends and technologies.
- Work hand-in-hand with sales partners to qualify, drive opportunities and determine sales motions within accounts.
- Collaborate with multiple internal BigPanda teams such as product management, engineering, customer success and marketing.
- Be passionate about sales engineering and working with customers.
- At least 3-5 years selling and delivering monitoring/event/service management solutions to enterprise operations teams (NOCs, IT Ops, etc) in large-scale (10,000+ nodes) environments
- Minimum of 2 years in a technical pre-sales role with a SaaS or traditional software vendor, especially start-ups or early stage companies
- Demonstrable track record of displacing complex or legacy software
- Ability to work directly with customers with a strong commitment to their success
- Broad general knowledge of the IT monitoring tools landscape, with deeper knowledge of a few specific solutions (e.g. Nagios, AppDynamics, Prometheus, Zenoss, Datadog, NewRelic, Splunk, Netcool, Oracle Enterprise Manager or AWS CloudWatch)
- Experience with integrating ITSM tools such as ServiceNow, Jira or Remedy with monitoring tools is a strong plus
- Should be comfortable with navigating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows server OS issues, network/firewall problems and virtualization or cloud infrastructure.
- Strong presentation skills, including live product demos and technical pitches
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- 40-50% travel
- Open-minded, positive attitude, and a sense of humor!
Nice to Have:
- 1-2 years of hands-on work with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure, and knowledge of monitoring in dynamic, public cloud environments.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and techniques is desired, but not required.
Work in a highly driven sales culture that is committed to personal and professional development. Other company perks include :
- Competitive compensation and uncapped commission
- Generous PTO & 10 Company Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance & Disability Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account