About The Position
BigPanda’s Autonomous Digital Operations solution enables enterprises to reduce cost, downtime and risk by using machine learning to automate and streamline IT operations. BigPanda transforms noise into actionable insights using an incident management platform that helps IT Professionals in large organizations reduce alert noise, solve problems faster and improve IT service performance. Join a world-class team that is pioneering an emerging space with backing from top-tier venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital, Battery Ventures and TPG Growth.
BigPanda’s sales engineering team provides world-class presales support for BigPanda's enterprise sales team. They work in tight cooperation with their sales partners to drive business opportunities and ensure their customers as successfully receiving value from our solutions. To be a successful sales engineer at BigPanda, you need to have previous experience as a sales or customer facing engineer or be an end-user of related enterprise monitoring and IT operations technologies. You should be able to articulate BigPanda’s business value tied to customers’ objectives, map technology and product capabilities to those objectives and position effectively at the executive, business and technical levels. Ideally, you are ambitious and self-motivated.
- Enthusiastically lead prospective customers to the expected business outcomes of the BigPanda platform.
- Deliver outstanding product demonstrations through powerful storytelling and articulation of how our software provides value to customers using customer examples and anecdotes.
- Conduct proof-of-value projects from start to finish proving how our solutions will solve the customers’ problems.
- Evangelize the solution at field events such as conferences, seminars, trade shows, speaking engagements, etc.
- Continuously strive for improvement in all skill areas and maintain up-to-date knowledge on BigPanda’s solution as well as industry trends and technologies.
- Work hand-in-hand with sales partners to qualify, drive opportunities and determine sales motions within accounts.
- Collaborate with multiple internal BigPanda teams such as product management, engineering, customer success and marketing.
- Be passionate about sales engineering and working with customers.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with enterprise monitoring and event management solutions in large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a sales engineering role with a SaaS or traditional software vendor with a demonstrable record of success. Experience of start-ups or early stage companies is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling many tasks, working with many constituents and all the while keeping BigPanda’s business objectives and the customers’ success at the top of mind.
- Broad general knowledge of the enterprise monitoring and event management tools landscape, with deeper knowledge of a few specific solutions (e.g. Nagios, AppDynamics, Prometheus, Zenoss, Datadog, NewRelic, Splunk, Netcool, CA, HP, Oracle Enterprise Monitoring or AWS CloudWatch).
- Broad general knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure, and knowledge of monitoring in dynamic, public cloud environments.
- Experience of integrating ITSM tools such as ServiceNow, Jira or Remedy with monitoring tools is a strong plus.
- Should be comfortable navigating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows server OS issues, network and firewall problems, web and application server problems, database issues and virtualization or cloud infrastructure problems.
- Should have strong presentation skills which engage the audience and inspire confidence. This should include live product demos and technical deep-dive sessions, and the candidate should be a strong teacher.
- Should have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and techniques is desired but not required.
- Up to 50% travel.
- Should be open-minded, flexible and responsive to coaching.