Senior Backend Engineer
About The Position
BigPanda helps NOC and Operations teams to make faster and smarter decisions when (or before) outages occur. Some of the world's largest SaaS companies, technology manufacturers and e-commerce merchants rely on us to provide a SaaS platform that is highly available and highly scalable, processing thousands of alerts per second. The number and size of our customers are growing fast, as is the complexity of systems that they monitoring. We're seeking a senior backend engineer to help us scale.
Here are some examples of the challenges you'll be facing:
- Scaling up our event-driven distributed processing platform built on top of Scala (Akka) & Node.JS microservices.
- Designing and implementing improvements to our existing infrastructure.
- Work in a highly collaborative dev environment and brainstorm to provide a quality solution for the organizations.
What would make you a good fit?
- You're excited about building high performance distributed systems that scale.
- You're willing to engage and take charge over critical components in our system.
- You're excited to build a product that solves real customer problems.
- You love collaborating with others and enjoy participating in pairing and code reviews.
- 3-5 years experience writing in Java or Scala code for distributed systems that were used in production.
- Hands-on experience with stream processing for near real-time systems.
- Experience working with either of these technologies: Node.JS, Kafka, ElasticSearch, MongoDB.
- Hands-on experience with Akka framework.
- Experience writing functional programming and understanding of its concepts.
- Proven Devops experience and working on cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure etc.)