Engineering Team Lead
BigPanda helps NOC and Operations teams to make faster and smarter decisions when (or before) outages occur. Some of the world's largest SaaS companies, technology manufacturers and e-commerce merchants rely on us to provide a SaaS platform that is highly available and highly scalable, processing thousands of alerts per second. The number and size of our customers are growing fast, as is the complexity of systems that they monitoring.
About the Role:
We are looking for a team lead to manage, develop and mentor a team comprised of talented backend, full-stack & operations engineers.
Here are the challenges you'll face:
- Working closely with the Product & UX to prototype, design, estimate and implement new features in the roadmap.
- Using Agile methodology to manage and direct the team members to provide solutions for Backend, Frontend and Operations areas of the product in high velocity and quality.
- Work with team members to tackle problems of the product's business logic as well as its architecture, scale & high availability.
- Drive your team to full ownership of the team's microservices which includes accountability on SLA, monitoring, alerting and deployment of the services.
What would make you a good fit?
- You are passionate about building a professional and efficient team.
- You are a leader who strives to promote your team members personal & professional growth.
- You have the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead a project from initial prototyping and requirements phases all the way to production.
- You're a people's person. You're not here only for the cool technology but to collaborate and engage on a daily basis with product managers, engineers and your peer team leads.
- You are able to actively provide feedback to your team members and peers.
- You’re experienced with software engineering best practices (clean code, testing, code reviews, etc.) and are aware of bad practices and anti-patterns.
- At least 2 years of experience in directly managing 3 or more engineers
Nice to Have:
- Working with either of these technologies: Node.JS, Scala, Akka, Kafka, ElasticSearch, MongoDB.
- Working on web based SaaS products in a microservice architecture.
- Working & leading development feature teams using one of the standard Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/etc.)