Senior Data Scientist
BigPanda helps teams which are responsible for the health of production systems to make faster and smarter decisions when outages occur (or even before!), especially during alert storms with ten of thousands concurrent alerts. To achieve that we use ML capabilities that were researched and developed by our team in Tel Aviv. Our vision is to completely automate the way NOC and Ops teams handle their service operations by providing a fully autonomous system that can handle most issues with minimal human intervention.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to lead BigPanda’s machine learning efforts. The role combines hands-on research & algo development with high-level strategy and product vision:
- Mining and analyzing data to identify opportunities for ML application
- Researching, selecting and tuning ML models and algorithms to solve real world business problems
- Working closely with the product team to define our machine learning strategy and direction
- Implementing and maintaining research code, and working with engineers to port and integrate research code into production pipelines
You will be part of an engineering team but you're expected to take the lead on ML or any other kind of deep algorithmic projects.
What would make you a good fit?
- You are capable of innovative thinking within the constraints of the business and product vision
- You are a researcher in heart with strong mathematical intuitions
- You are happy to get your hands “dirty” with data collection and analysis
- You are able to convey complex ideas in a concise and clear way
- You take an active part in the ideation process, bringing to the table your deep understanding of data
- You are looking to grow and impact the company as much as you can; When it comes to algorithms and ML, you're looking to lead and not be led.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics with strong analytical skills
- Experience with data science tools (Jupyter Notebook, Pandas, scikit-learn)
- Experience in collaborating closely with engineering and product teams
- Advantage: Hands-on experience integrating with data pipelines or data lakes in either Java/Scala/Python
- Advantage: domain knowledge in IT systems