BigPanda helps NOC and Operations teams to make faster and smarter decisions when (or before) outages occur. Some of the world's largest companies rely on us to provide a SaaS platform that is highly available and highly scalable, processing thousands of alerts per second. The number and size of our customers are growing fast, as is the complexity of systems that they monitoring.
We're seeking our first Technical Writer to to help support our growing product and make our documentation easy to read and use.
The position is 50% (flexible hours).
Here are some examples of the challenges you'll be facing:
- Be responsible for the documentation process from initial design to release.
- Collaborate with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Write about highly technical concepts
- Work with the product managers and user experience team to deliver meaningful in-product messages.
- Help develop our documentation processes.
- Align documentation standards to best reflect Bigpanda's high quality.
You will be part of the product team, collaborating with product managers, product marketing, R&D, and customer success engineers.
What would make you a good fit?
- Able to grasp technical concepts and transform them to a comprehensive language.
- Ability to relate to users use-cases.
- Comfortable in a detailed technical environment.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English
- Proven experience in documenting complex and dynamic platforms and working with product teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Comfortable working on several projects in parallel
- Attention to detail
- Team player, yet autodidactic
- Capable to take ownership and meet deadline
Nice to Have :
- Familiarity with the IT space.
- Familiarity with programming languages.
- Experience working in a SaaS company.
- Experience writing documentation for enterprise companies audience.
- Degree with a technological background.