Director of Product Marketing
BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations platform - powered by Open Box Machine Learning - helps overwhelmed and understaffed IT Ops teams detect, investigate, and resolve IT incidents faster and more easily than ever before. By using BigPanda, enterprises such as United, Tivo, Workday, Riot Games, Intel and Autodesk are able to successfully and rapidly adopt AIOps, drastically reduce IT noise, and slash both the duration and frequency of painful outages.
Join a world-class team that is transforming IT operations with backing from top-tier VC firms like Sequoia Capital, Battery Ventures, Mayfield and TPG Growth.
We have an awesome team of motivated, knowledgeable, fun-loving, and friendly Pandas. We provide comprehensive health coverage, competitive compensation, and excellent perks. More importantly, we offer a supportive and highly collaborative environment to empower you to do the best work of your career.
About the Role:
The Director of Product Marketing is primarily responsible for onboarding, enabling, and supporting the field sales reps and SDR team as well as overseeing the customer advocacy program.
This is a critical senior-level position with an incredible opportunity to have an impact on BigPanda’s success, collaborate with world-class GTM leaders, and serve as a leader and mentor over time.
The Director of Product Marketing can be based out of our Mountain View HQ (preferred) or our NYC office in Manhattan.
- Drive our sales enablement program: Onboard field reps and our SDRs through sales onboarding bootcamps. Create and deliver effective sales enablement content on an ongoing basis. Offer deal support to the field reps as needed. Assist with win/loss analysis. Support channel reps both strategically and tactically.
- Act as a “buddy” to new reps, accelerate their effectiveness, and celebrate their first wins.
- Own our customer advocacy program: Serve as an expert on our customers and their pains and understand how and why they use BigPanda. Collaborate, strategize, and assist our customers so they can tell their stories through conferences and events, case studies, videos, testimonials and more. Facilitate our Customer Advisory Board.
- Support marketing campaigns as needed; create campaign themes, key messages, and story-arcs that tell prospects a cohesive story.
- Contribute to our category, positioning, and messaging work.
- Help develop our content and thought leadership assets.
- Support our competitive intel gathering efforts.
- Evangelize BigPanda’s transformative capabilities.
- Support our field marketing and national events as needed.
- Support PR and awareness activities as needed.
- BA/BS required.
- 10+ years of enterprise software product marketing (and/or product management) experience.
- Domain experience in IT operations / incident and problem management / ITOA or ECA is required. Domain expertise is a plus, but not a must-have.
- Demonstrated ability to lead sales onboarding and enablement; partner with, support, and win the confidence of hard-charging, highly accomplished sales leaders and sales reps.
- Able to get into, and understand, the (business & high-level technical) details of customers’ pain, and their BigPanda use-cases.
- Proven ability to help persuade customers to be our advocates and tell their stories publicly.
- Able to confidently and effectively communicate with customers, partners, sales leaders, influencers, and senior management.
- Proven ability to work with other parts of the marketing org on strategic plans and tactical execution activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to independently and skillfully create written content for case studies and use cases.
- Must be able to independently create presentations (for internal and external use).
Nice to Have:
- MBA a plus but not required.
- 3+ years of SE experience is a bonus, but not a must-have.
- The ability to create content for whitepapers and solution briefs is a huge bonus.
Work with a collaborative team and enjoy a highly driven culture that is committed to personal and professional development! Other company perks include :
- Generous PTO & 10 Company Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage and 401k
- Life Insurance & Disability Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Downtown MTV office just 2 blocks from Caltrain
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunch