Director of Product Marketing
About The Position
BigPanda is leading and defining a new approach within IT Operations. Instead of drowning under an avalanche of disparate products and still not being able to keep the business’ key applications up and performing, BigPanda customers are using our Autonomous Digital Operations platform to rapidly find issues as they arise and then automatically correct them before they impact customers, bruise the company’s reputation, and trim revenue and profit.
Because BigPanda customers are able to see value quickly, they love working with us. This has led us to tremendous growth, and enterprises like United, Tivo, Workday, Intel, Riot Games, Autodesk and many others count on us every day. We are looking to expand in Product Marketing so we can further evangelize the category, lead our sales teams to achieve their targets, and work with our overall marketing group to build the IT Operations market of the future.
Join a world class team that is pioneering an emerging field. We have developed very cool technology in a very hot space - machine learning - and we have backing from top tier venture capital firms including Sequoia, Mayfield, Battery Ventures, and TPG Growth.
Product Marketing at BigPanda is a team sport. We’re hungry for our whole marketing group to be successful, and we all do whatever we need to reach our team objectives - enable our sales teams, dominate the category of Autonomous Digital Operations, and drive demand for our solution. We work as a team and we succeed as a team. At the same time, we’re each experts in our own swim lanes and focus on delivering value to our constituents across the company every day.
This role is a senior contributor and reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing. At its heart, this role focuses on our sales teams and on our customers. At the same time, this role will work hand-in-hand with our demand teams to create the campaigns that attract enterprises to choose BigPanda. Of course, you’ll also be involved in messaging, positioning, and category design.
If you are able to forge strong relationships with a high power field sales team, if you love the thrill of new reps learning from you and progressing quickly to closed deals, and if you love working with happy customers, then BigPanda is the place for you.
- Drive our sales enablement program. Run onboarding for field reps and for our SDRs. Prepare great material that helps them learn online, in classroom settings, one-on-one and in small groups. Act as a “buddy” to new reps and accelerate their effectiveness. Celebrate their first wins.
- Own our customer advocacy program. Convince customers to be references and vocal promoters of themselves and of BigPanda. Be the expert at knowing our customers, their pains, and the ways they use BigPanda.
- Lead our campaign efforts. Utilize our thought leadership themes and material, and work with our field marketing and digital marketing teams to create a rock star campaign plan, attaining our lead, MQL and opportunity targets.
- Contribute to our category, positioning, and messaging work. Help develop our thought leadership material. Work with the rest of the product marketing and general marketing teams to get our point of view into the market and convince early-stage prospects that the BigPanda approach is the inevitable direction of the future.
- Support our competitive insight efforts.
- Evangelize BigPanda as a leader in IT Operations.
- Support our field marketing and national event activities as a key member of the product marketing team.
- Support PR and awareness activities with content, materials and speaking as needed
- 10-15+ years of technology product marketing for enterprise products
- Proven ability to partner with field sales and SDRs across the entire product marketing set of responsibilities
- Proven ability to lead sales onboarding and general enablement
- Excellent in front of customers, influencers, and senior management. Demonstrated ability to convince customers to be our advocates.
- Loves working with marketing teams to set out strategic campaign plans and drive demand
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to contribute at the highest level to our department strategy, our plans, and our positioning and messaging platforms
- Domain expertise and experience in the IT space is required. Experience in IT Operations, Incident Management, AIOps, and/or ECA market segments is a plus
- Ability to lead through example and influence without authority
- Self‐motivated, capable of working in a dynamic environment
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both strategy and hands‐on execution; data driven and intuitive and empathetic to the needs of our customers
- Desire to work with and live the BigPanda values: Hunger, Excellence, Active Transparency, Relentless Focus, and Team Sport.
- BA/BS required